Big Red Chats with the Board
The Board of Education has a goal to improve two-way communication with the community by implementing community engagement initiatives. One of these initiatives is to conduct quarterly Big Red Chats with the Board.
If you would like to get to know your Board members better, have a question, have a concern, have a recommendation, have a compliment, or just want to chat with a Board member, please attend one of these chats.
Big Red Chats with the Board are opportunities for stakeholders to have two-way communication with up to three board members at one time in order to comply with the Michigan Open Meetings Act. There is a general topic for the chat, but attendees are welcome to ask any school-related questions they may have. It is important to note that individual board members cannot speak for or make commitments on behalf of the entire board.
- November 28, 2023, 6:30 to 8:00 PM - Symons Theater - Topic TBD
- February 20, 2024, 6:30 to 8:00 PM - MMS Librarium - Topic TBD
- May 28, 2014 - 6:30 to 8:00 PM - MHS Cafeteria - Topic TBD
- August 29, 2023, 6:30 to 8:00 PM - Paddock Cafeteria - Standardized Testing
- June 20, 2023 - 6:30 to 8:00 PM - Symons Theater - Budget and District Marketing
- April 19, 2023 - 6:00 to 7:30 PM - Paddock Elementary Cafeteria - Communications
- January 17, 2023 - 7:00 to 8:30 PM - Middle School Librarium - School Safety
- September 14, 2022 - 5:30 to 6:45 PM - Milan High School Cafeteria - Strategic Plan
- May 12, 2022 - 7:00 to 8:30 PM - Symons Cafeteria - Board Vacancy and Elections