Standing Committees - Chairperson in Bold
Buildings and Grounds - Moccio, Faro, Heikka
- The Buildings and Grounds Committee oversees major buildings and grounds upgrades, including Bond Campaigns. While there can be numerous meetings for these projects, the district has no major improvements planned in the near future.
Finance - Faro, Cislo, Kiger
- Budget and finance issues are reviewed by the full board. If a specific budgetary or financial issue becomes evident in the future and requires extra attention, the committee may meet in order to provide a recommendation to the full board in regards to the issue.
Personnel - Moccio, Faro, Rosen-Leacher
- Personnel issues are reviewed by the full board. If a specific personnel issue becomes evident in the future and requires extra attention, the committee may meet in order to provide a recommendation to the full board in regards to the issue.
Policy - Heikka, Frait, Rosen-Leacher
- The Policy Committee has the responsibility of proof reading policy updates or new policies prior to the submittal to the full Board. Upon committee review, the policies are recommended to the full board for approval.
Scholarship - Kiger, Frait, Moccio
- The Scholarship Committee has the responsibility to recommend the number of Board Scholarships and amounts to be awarded each year based on the funds available in the spendable account. A member of the Greater Milan Area Community Foundation contacts the committee in the fall to apprise them of the funds available for disbursement. The committee reviews the student applications in mid to late February and makes their selection(s). The Scholarship Committee also coordinates with the high school senior counselor to award the Edna Mead Scholarships. The committee receives student applications, student scholarship rubric scores, and the amount of funds available for disbursement. The committee recommends awards based on the scholarship rubric scores. A member of the committee attends Senior Honors Night and awards the Board Scholarship(s) as well as the Edna Mead Scholarships.