Milan Area Schools will provide a learning environment that will continuously improve on achievement as measured by local, state, and national assessments.
Milan Area Schools will provide a school climate that fosters high expectations, a positive attitude, and an atmosphere of diversity, acceptance, trust, and responsibility.
Milan Area Schools will strive to develop a communication system that will engage all stake holders.
Milan Area Schools will strive to keep the district financially solvent while maintaining a quality educational environment and a 10% fund balance.
Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Milan Area Schools: Founded on Tradition - Focused on Excellence
Milan Area Schools is a community committed to achieving academic excellence for all learners through research, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
We believe in...
- providing a safe and orderly environment that contributes to successful learning.
- implementing sound instructional strategies that are based on research, best practice, and evaluation.
- offering real world, 21st century experiences that make learning relevant.
- supporting quality teaching through continuous professional development.
- fostering a positive school culture through shared leadership and high expectations.
- allocating resources to enhance curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- honoring the traditions of our community by collaborating with all stakeholders to maximize student learning.